Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

For the love of fuzzy socks!

You know those people that you make fun of, and be honest cuz you probably DO make fun of them...the ones that make their resolutions and/or goals and then fall off the wagon in a day or a week? Yeah, well don't make fun of me!

I had a slight shift to my work schedule and that kind of threw me into a mild state of chaos. Not too terrible but enough to tilt my little world into an almost precarious state. Sounds WAY more dramatic and interesting that it really was. HA!

With that being said, I slipped up on some workouts and some of my goals for this month. Most of last week, I was really scrambling to just get 7 hours of sleep a night. Eight would be ideal and nine hours? I would kick everyone's butt and be the awesomeist! Anything less than 7 and it doesn't take long for me to break down in tears.

At the very top of my to do list is: Learn how to keep stress in perspective. Sounds easy enough? HAHA!!! Maybe for normal people. For me? That will cost you 9 hours of sleep a night.

I was rewarded with an awesome, long weekend that I had mostly to myself. Friday, we had a fun girls night in and watched Planet of the Apes...or wait, the Rise of it? Whatevs...it was entertaining and now my 12 year old wants a chimp for her "half birthday." (No we don't celebrate half birthdays around here. She wishes!)

Saturday morning brought an early two hour volleyball practice for the small one followed by a 6 hour round trip for me to take my girls to their dad's house. I rewarded myself with a trip to Trader Joe's. Lo and behold!!!...(that's my drumroll) there was a frozen yogurt place in almost the same parking lot. Ok, and you can't NOT go to TJ MAXX's which is right across the street from TJ's. A lot of TJ's there. It must be meant to be.

Please say hello to my new scarf! It's crazy and bright and I LOVE it! Plus that is the hair-do that I gave myself to go with my new scarf. I call it the "It took a lot of effort to make it look like no effort when into this" do.
The dimension in my photo is great, no? Not as great as the wallpaper in my bathroom though. Woot!



My Trader Joe's Haul!
The bag of popcorn and green beans on the right are the two purchases that were opened while driving home from Eugene. I told myself that I wouldn't eat the entire bag of everything on the way home. They were ooohkay...in a weird way...like you couldn't stop eating them because they were so good or because you couldn't really tell if you liked them at all. And they were almost a little too sweet...no sugar added, just sweet on their own. The Olive Oil Popcorn? To almost die for. It was just your normal popcorn but I really enjoyed the plain, hint of olive oil taste. I told myself not to choke and die while eating popcorn and driving. That would have been bad.

The farina is enriched...is that the bad kind of enriched? The hummus dressing is delectable while the hummus was just eh. I meant to get the roasted pepper one. The Wheatabix is for my UK born hubs and was his only request when I asked if I could drive the extra miles to TJs. I got him two boxes since I kind of love the guy. The Skinny Fries...um bleck.. for the birds! I literally threw them out the back door for the birds. They don't want them and now I have skinny fries scattered on the lawn in back. Oh and the olive tapenade.....

I could eat the entire contents in one sitting. I didn't...but I could...all 18 servings at only 15 calories a pop. Yeah, but Hellooooo sodium! I didn't eat it all though...which reminds me...I'm going to go heat up the oven and make more little pita chips with my mini pita pockets and do some damage to the tapenade. I did do more damage but I still have quite a bit left. Which leads me to believe that I lied when I said I could eat the whole jar...the contents...not the jar, in one sitting.

Lastly, I'll leave you with these little muffins. Minus the crappy manicure from before.

They are called donut muffins, but I have changed their name to, "Don't ever make these muffins while you're home alone" the long version of their name, you would just add on "...and especially if no ones knows you are making them and won't know what they are missing."
Don't ever make these muffins while you're home alone. I stole the recipe from that site which I found on Pinterest. Thanks Pinterest for being a *itch. Now I have to workout more this week.

I threw the rest of them out. Horrible waster that I am! But I knew if the remainder where down in the kitchen, they would be calling my name this morning. Not that there were too many remaining, but gee donut muffin have you no mercy? They are the muffin version of that chip that no one can eat just one of. More like, no one can eat just seven. And if you tell my husband or kids about this, I might start premeditating something I like to call a smackdown on YOU.

This brings my weekend almost to a conclusion. I also got caught up on Desperate Housewives, The Bachelor (I find comfort in watching women that are crazier and bigger lunatics than me), watched the US Olympic Marathon Trials...crazy fast runners!, and I watched three movies.

"One Day" was pretty good. "Warrior" was pretty amazing but not as good as "The Fighter". What made it even more amazing was that I painted and glittered pinecones while watching it.


And then the stupid movie made me cry. Maybe it was the glitter that got into my eye? Definitely watch Warrior, maybe rent One Day, and if you have a few brain cells left to kill, watch "I Don't Know How She Does It." And then don't hate me if you do. Very annoying movie. But cute in spots. Mostly annoying.

The only reason I left the house yesterday was to rent the movies and find some more fuzzy socks. Don't fuzzy socks just make you the happiest?

5 comments:

  1. I love fuzzy socks. And reading about your exciting life. :) See you at work.......Felice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love fuzzy socks! I will be making those donut muffins, while my girls are all home! Sounds like a nice weekend, I miss Trader Joe's, the closest one to us is almost 2 hours away and I have no reason to go there, bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you made the danger muffins yet? I made them for my family, ate two? and then they all disappeared. Not in to my stomach, thankfully. lol!

      Delete
  3. nice cones, and I don't mean that in a dirty way ;)
    I thought it was just me that worked their toushie off just to make it look like I didn't work my toushie off on my hair?? Well, I'll be!
    I must paint my nails, fingers and toes. They look cruddy, at least your cuticles are tamed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cones..hah! You crack me up. Thanks for reminding me that I'm in desperate need of a pedi.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.