Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wrap-up of Oxygen's January 2012 Issue

In case you forgot, it’s FEBRUARY!  That means a new issue of Oxygen needs my attention.  I had some great fun with January’s issue.  The bestest was when I worked out with my daughter and tried to make her wet her pants.
So to wrap up the January issue, I must say, I’m a little sad to see it end.  The month that is.  It didn’t go according to plan.  On the other hand, February is a fresh new start and I learned a lot in January.

These were my favorite articles, workouts, recipes, and other tips that jumped out at me.  (I may or may not have ripped them out to save for later.  You never want any of my old magazines.)
PG 88 Your Best Body Plan – loved this workout.  It was easy to do at home and easy to modify to the equipment I had on hand.  Best thing was that I could fit two rounds in in right around 30 minutes.
Jump start your day-PG 84…I yanked this out to put in my workout binder .  It’s a whole body workout with just body weight, dumbbells, and a bench/chair.  You could easily pack a resistance band and do this workout on the road.  No big dealio.
The Form Journal PG 69 which is a clip it out feature…I clipped it out for my binder.  I always love this section at it focuses on a muscle/group and shows you the proper form and technique.
Oh let’s see…I guess I’m going to give chia seeds Pg 59 another chance.  This article was on whisking them with water and combining with mashed strawberries to create a jam.  I’m wondering if it would work on other fruits?  If I like it, this would be a great alternative to my love affair with jam.  Mainly blackberry.
I never did try the no-butter chicken PG 51 , so I yanked it to try.  Let’s try for this month, k Amee?
I DID try the tuna tacos Pg 97  and I just didn’t care for them.  That’s because I just really don’t like tuna.  I can eat it, but it’s not fave.  I could easily tweak this though and make it better.  I’d do that my mashing the avocado in with the tuna and adding some hot sauce.  I forgot to use the lime with their recipe too.  It’s still sitting in my basket in the fridge.
I pulled these two pages as it talks about finishers PG 104-105 .  Not really sure what they are but I think it’s a move you do after another move and there’s some sort of benefit.  I’m very helpful huh?
87 WAYS to a Healthier, Fitter, and More Vivacious You Pg 78-82. Usually in any magazine that has numbered ways to do things, I get overwhelmed and ignore. I mean, with all these magazines there is rarely anything new...a lunge is a lunge is a lunge, right?  But I keep coming back for the pretty pictures and the inspiration and motivation from seeing women that obviously do the lunges successfully.  Ok so back to the article.  I was surprised at myself that this one caught my attention.  Maybe because the 87 ways were divided into sections.  The two that caught my eye the most was Small tweaks at the gym, and master the slow cooker.  There's an intriguing recipe for Chicken, Sweet potato and white bean chili.  I HEART my slow cooker!
That concludes my fancy pants review of Oxygen's January 2012 issue.  You probably should subscribe if you're not already.  I don't get anything out of your subscribing other than now we can flip through the pages together and pick out which workout clothes we like best, and if we like the models hair or not.  And yeah, the models are super ripped.  Fave.

Oh one more thing...their website has a section called the Covergirl Insider...where you get a little bit more information, specific to that cover girl.  Well you know I didn't care for Tosca's pink swimsuit, but check this feature out.  She shares a recipe, one of her favorite playlists, a video...and more cool stuff.  The playlists are great as I always get some new ideas.

As ever, helping you to be a better stalker, 
Amee

PS There is a single serving recipe in the February issue for a chocolate something-or-other.  It's healthy.  It's chocolate.  I die.

Do you have a subscription?  Anything you want to add?  Did something jump out at you that you really ought to share with me?  This girl doesn't care for the magazine, so don't pay attention to her.  She is still awesome though. Mwah Jen!

4 comments:

  1. i don't hate oxygen. i am just done reading it cause it seems to be the same recycled info like any magazine. kinda like reading cosmo, same stories over and over again with slightly different take. i still read it from time to time. no need though cause i know EVERYTHING.

    let me know how the chocolate goes, i'm assuming well cause of the whole chocolate thang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said you didn't care for it...not hate. Strong word there. lol! Yeah, there are only so many positions for yoga. Who needs cosmo anymore. ha! No I totally get what you're saying about it though. Just change up the bikinis and lulu and I'm easily entertained.

      Delete
  2. I should hook you up with my friend Becky, she is a professional stalker. Since Jen knows everything, I want her to write us a magazine. Sometimes I know everything too, but she always knows more, IT is so not fair. Fun that you are utilizing your investment for something more than a coaster on the coffee table! I don't have a magazine subscription other than zoo news, don't judge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Professional stalker as in bounty hunter? Private Investigator? I want soooo badly to make a comment about zoo news. Sucks.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.