Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Oxygen's February Issue Review (Cuz it's still February in my world.)

(You COULD and if you were wise, you would probably just skip to the PS part at the bottom.)

Umm, could someone please tell me where February went?  I thought it might be a good idea to hit up the February Issue  of Oxygen Magazine (Vol15 Issue 2 (#151) if you want to get exact) before March got here.  Good thing there’s one more extra day this month. (This is the part where you're supposed to pretend that it's not March 2nd.)

The cover with Erin Stern is awesome and I'm much happier with this cover versus last month.
I stole the picture from their website
Here's what I've pulled and gleaned from this issue.
Qunioa and Edamame recipe - page 57 This looks absolutely delicious…but it calls for 1/5 cups of carrot juice.  I’m not a super huge fan of carrot juice so I thinking, like the tuna recipes I always try and like, that this would be a big flop for me.
Sinfully Clean Chocolate Brownie - page 67 A "God-send" recipe with a two minute “cup” cake version.  Um…I’m thinking I’m trying the cup cake one tonight!  All I need is an egg, cocoa powder, baking powder and 2 T of milk.  Got it!
Early Riser Fat Blaster - page ?? Finally a recipe for a protein shake that doesn’t include a banana.  I liked the little blurb on matcha tea.  I’m going to get some of that as ASAP as I love my green tea.  What’s not to love about an extra 100 calories torched off throughout the day?!
Alter Ego, pg 74-75 is about Erin Stern and it was cool getting to learn more about her.  I especially like that she is shy and so she create’s a different personality for herself when she’s o stage.
Your Essential chest move pg79…is the push up this month.  I used to be able to push out quite a few at a time.  On my toes, no less.  I must get back to that level of fitness.  It sure makes shaving your armpits trickier though with all the muscle you have to work around. Ha!
Quinoa and Lentils pg 80, no carrot juice in this one.  Score!
Month Two of your best body…woot!  I love more “at home” workouts.  These come in handy during the summer when I don’t have to go to the gym to run.  They also come in handy now too since I’m going through a phase where I don’t like to share weights or turns with other people at the gym.
Your 12 minute ABS program pg 102-103 I did this workout and two days after, it KILLED to laugh. The workout is no joke. haha!  Get it?  Cuz if you laugh it will hurt.  Shut up.  You had to be there.

I noticed there seemed to be quite the focus on the lower body/legs with workouts are so of course, I loved this.  My upper body responds very quickly to weights.  My lower body takes awhile to come out of it’s coma.
PS I've been working on this blog for over a week now.  Things have been rather crazy around here.  SO I'm just posting it to get it done with.  My bad. ha!  If you take anything from this blog, just know that there will be a sinfully brownie report soon, and go read my joke at "Your 12 minute ABS."  Don't hate me.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that the issue that features Kyra's (The Get In Shape Girl) recipe? So proud of her, and it looked delicious, but I couldn't find that issue on newstands. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! So I had to look and I opened right to it...wanna guess which one it was? Ok I'll tell you, it's the Quinoa/Edamame with the carrot juice recipe. Could you ask her how strong of a carrot juice taste this has? And is there another veggie juice I could substitute? Oh please oh pretty please?!

      Delete
  2. I read it and love it. Love Erin Stern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia, thanks for visiting! Yeah, Erin looks rather amazing huh? Have a super weekend!

      Delete
  3. i will check out that ab work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't hate me when your core tries to murder you two days later.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.