Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

It looked like poop during a couple of different phases.

Today’s run was supposed to be 19 miles.  I had a mini breakdown around mile 2 from all the little stressors that have been bubbling up.  See?! Running is a great stress reliever and it comes out whether or not you want it too. haha!  So the weather was good and didn’t get as toasty as quickly as the weather dude said it would be.  The bugs weren’t too bad either and we stayed away from the canal for the most part.  What ended up getting me in the end was the lack of sleep.  (Hey self, please stop staying up until 10pm and waking up at 4am.)  Instead of running back to the van with the hubs to get in 15 miles, I took a short cut home and quit at 13.  I quit the run.  Not a first for me yet I was still pretty mad at myself.  Mheh.  At least I got in 13 right?  One more long run next weekend and then it’s TAPER TIME!  Cool fact that only my hubs and I find interesting…my longest long run last year was 18 miles which was run a year ago from next week.  It was run 10 minutes slower than our 18 mile run that we ran last week. (Wondering how many times I could say the word run in one sentence.) See?!  I’ve made improvement!  Something else I improved?  The Ninja cake!!

well_played_ninja_cake-132657

My friend and coworker, Heather, posted this on facebook the other night for me.  It just so happened that I was eating my very first ninja cake when I viewed this. I really don’t know why I’ve started calling it the ninja cake other than it’s rather sneaky and genius in that it has spinach in it.  I guess that is indeed a very good reason to call it a ninja cake.

So I improved on it, I mentioned….mmmhmm!  I added some PB2 and some dark chocolate chunks.  I was literally on cloud 9 and there were definitely angels singing.  I kid you not!  See, look….I took pictures.  Not of the angels, but of the cake in progress.  I also threw in an iced coffee made with my beloved Peet’s coffee.  I sweetened it with dark chocolate Stevia, cuz I’m bad a…awesome like that.

 003

The ingredient line up….minus the baking powder and PB2 Powder.  My pumpkin there is defrosting in a bowl of hot water because I buy the big cans and portion them out into 1/2 cup servings and freeze.  Smart….some would even call me a moron genius.004Another genius move of mine was to use my dinkus Cuisinart mixer thing versus the big blender. Much easier to use and clean up…until the blade dumped into the mug.005Poop phase number one….or I mean 2.1 bwaahhaaahaa! 006Phase 2.2 007The final 2.3 turd 008 And sheer awesomeness ninja cake!!!  It has fiber pumpkin and fiber spinach in it so there’s a reason that it looks like it does,

*wink wink*

6 comments:

  1. That is ninjatastic!! I could skip the choco chunks but the PB, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skipping choco chunks just doesn't compute. I can't grasp this concept. haha

      Delete
  2. the original recipe calls these muffins, not cakes, i think you are being a super sneeky ninja. i don't have most of the ingredients in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know a lot of those muffins are cakes in disguise with the amount of sugar in them.

      Delete
  3. Ohmaigosh...you crack me up! Found you via SparkPeople and LOVE your blog and sense of humor. I tried running this past week after a few years off and a few pounds on and I swore my knees were made of glass. Does it get better??!?!? Keep on keepin' on...and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, YAY! Thanks for finding me. You just put a huge smile on my face. I hope you know that there are some people that probably don't like you encouraging me to continue. Bwahhaahaa!

    Yes, the running gets better and easier the lighter you get. Even taking off a week from running and your endurance can really lag. Take it slow...throw in some walking here and there and keep it up. OOoh and then we can run a marathon together. Yesssss!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.