Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We might have been tipsy, but at least our clothes covered all of our secret parts.

   030

Meet my friend Denise.  Our girls were friends in elementary school and then we decided we liked each other too.  Denise is really awesome and I’m amazed that she still answers my phone calls.  “Deniseeeeeeee, could you take me to the airportttttttt??” Plus I dragged her to Pita Pit with me!  Well, not dragged, but she let me pick where we would eat.

20121101_182650

The best pita sandwich ever!  Chicken breast with hummus and almost every veggie they have.  Plus I like to get them to grill the onion and mushrooms along with the chicken.  My 13 year old daughter is hooked on this place too.

20121101_232049

Upon checking in to my hotel room and meeting my roommate H (whom I’ve been “online” friends with for over four years but we’ve never met face to face – turns out she isn’t an axe murderer), I was about to get ready for bed and be a fuddy dud.  What?  It was 11pm and 2 hours past my bedtime already! Do you see her in the reflection of our dirty window?  Are you amazed at my photography skills? She was going a little stir crazy with a headache and needed to get out for a bit. So I decided not to be a grandma and then this happened…..

20121101_235706 I sent this picture to my hubs and got back a “good girl”.  I guess he was impressed that I wasn’t already in bed, asleep, with sheet lines forming on my face.

035

From there, we took to the streets.  Amazed at my new found energy, we took a block or two walk on the strip and gawked at the drunkards.  We might have been tipsy, but at least our clothes covered all of our secret parts.

040

We stayed at Treasure Island.  I kept wondering where all the Johnny Depp look alike employees were.  I found the pirate ship, and later it dawned on me that this place was more about the booty and not the booty….if ya know what I mean. Arrrr matey!

041

I wished we had stayed at this place, the Venetian.  A place I could relate to since I’ve been to Venice.  It was pretty and I liked seeing their versions of the most famous landmarks.  I have to go back to Vegas because I didn’t make it to the Paris or NYNY…and a bunch of other places.

All of the travel, combined with a full day of work, a semi long drive to the airport, and then the smoke and the above margarita led to this…

20121102_105414

…a hangover that finally went away thanks to a large black coffee and sitting by the pool for an hour.  People were out swimming and sunbathing already while we sat bundled up in hoodies and sweats.  Stylin!  Note the Christmas cup with the palm trees in the background.  (I had just gotten my studded snow tires on that morning too.)

Stayed tuned for race details and the rest of my Vegas adventure!

PS Where is your favorite place to stay in Vegas??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.