I didn’t pop out of bed like I would have liked to on Monday, in anticipation of a new workout, buuuut I have been talking myself into this so much that I knew I couldn’t back down. So that’s positive right? Tuesday, this morning, it was even a little harder but again, I have made a commitment to myself, and so far, I’m honoring that.
My take on the workouts so far…I know, day 2 and not much of a take yet, but I’m familiar with Jillian’s workout style and I’ve read about every book she’s written. So, I like it in that it’s familiar. The days for working out is very similar to Making the Cut. The circuits are akin to her videos, and more specifically, her 30 Day Shred one as it’s the only one I have. Both workouts moved right along and before I knew it, my 30 minutes was up, even the cardio workout! So the next two weeks I’ll be alternating between two high intensity workouts that include strength training, and one cardio workout for the month and then that will all change. There won’t be a lot of boredom, I’m predicting. The cardio workout for Phase 1 is just 30 minutes long. In the kick start week, it appears that you do it every day? Then you only do it twice a week.
I survived Monday morning without my normal morning snack. I inhaled my breakfast right around 8am, prior to that I had my allowed two cups of coffee (Black, and that’s the way I like it so no troubles there.) I’ll need to allow myself more time in the morning to prepare my breakie but it shouldn’t be too time consuming. Two scrambled eggs, a plum tomato, two pieces of ham, all natural, no nitrites/nitrates etc, and a 1/4 of an avocado. Nom! (I was supposed to use an all natural, low sodium Canadian bacon, but I don’t think Canada sells their bacon to the grocery store I shopped at on Sunday.
For lunch, I batch cooked up a double serving of the veggie soup and poached chicken. I followed the recipe in the kick start plan and it’s pretty much the same except I had to use canned, diced tomatoes. Eeps, don’t kick my butt Jillian! The soup, it tastes good, but a little on the bland side…I need to add more spices for next time. Oh and the broth….I can’t even begin to tell you what it looks like because it causes me to focus on what it looks like and then my tummy flip flops. I think I might have done something wrong? Only 5 more days of eating it! Honestly, it tastes just fine and dandy.
Monday evening was a little tricky at bed time as I was definitely hungry. My calories for the day were right around 1200 and I had a nice exercise boost of 688 calories. I knew I was going to wake up hungry and, I did. A little on the sluggish side but I keep reminding myself that my body is going through a detox of all things cupcake related, so a little sluggish is going to be normal.
I’m super looking forward to my afternoon snack of hummus and veggies!
Do you adore hummus? You should!
Oh and I even managed to bypass the cupcake run and the cookies and rolls back in our break room. Must keep pressing on towards my goal.
Tuesday was tough, especially towards the evening. I survived though and took a peak at the scale this morning. Pretty exciting so far. Now to stay off the scale until Monday morning!
I had some questions from my friend Jen, that I thought I’d answer:
thanks for answering my questions ;)
ReplyDelete