Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Don’t fall off your chair, in shock that I blogged.

I took a break from blogging.  I took a break from a lot of things.  My brain is just too tiny to handle all of the chaos that was happening.  Let me explain in as little detail as possible.  The company I worked for merged and the conversion process and the final outcome?  I didn’t like it so much.  So I made some changes and now let me explain in a few less details…I have a new job in a similar industry with no stress and less hours.

Now that that’s out of the way….

Let the fitness talk begin.  And by fitness talk, I really mean, let’s talk about how much weight I’ve gained over the last five years and how little running I’ve been doing lately.

I’m in the fourth week of a new marathon training program from “Train Like a Mother” the Finish it Plan.  That sounds a little odd since I’ve finished three marathons now.  However, this “finish it” plan is actually more advanced than the other training programs I’ve used attempted.  While I’m in my fourth week, I did get off to a rather shaky start.  And by shaky, I probably mean normal. And by normal, I mean that it hasn’t been perfect.  I’ve missed a few runs here and there, and I actually didn’t run during the week at all during the last week of my old job.  Just too much stress and my biggest goal for that week was to sleep as much as possible and try to sleep through the night.  (Didn’t happen.)  I haven’t missed a long run though.  That’s good, right?!

I’ve also, once again, restarted a weight training program.  Now that I’m getting home earlier, I have time to not only cook a decent meal, but to do my weight lifting.  With the old job, I wasn’t getting home in time to even put a real effort into dinner.  Plus, I had to get up even earlier to get both a run and weights in…then there’s the energy factor to consider.  Pretty hard to lift intentionally and with good form and enthusiasm when you know you have 3-4 miles to run afterwards.  If I had switched the workouts around, then the weights NEVER would have happened.  I’ve started Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution in case you were wondering.  I’m a recluse.  I don’t go to the gym anymore.  Or outside.  Just kidding.

SO, I’m pretty excited to see how this is going to turn out.  Right now, I’m all about creating that ball of consistency.

Oh AYuuunnnddd….I’m going to do another round of the 24 day Advocare challenge.  I slacked off on taking my vitamins and supplements there for a bit and I really want to start feeling those energy levels back to where they were.  More consistency in the future for me.  Placing my order today so prepare yourself to be jealous of my results!  Har har…and I’m really not kidding.  Oh and total disclaimer here, I am a distributor for Advocare, but I wouldn’t and won’t pressure you.  Just saying so you don’t think I’m trying to trick you into anything.  Unless I was going to trick you into running with me.  Because I would totally do that.

So besides being a total stress case for the last solid 6 months, give or take another 6 months, things are definitely on the bright and happy side of life right now.  Plus, Pinterest exists.  Jesus, thank you for Pinterest.  Amen.

Please tell me you love Pinterest?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amee! I've missed your blogs!! So happy you're happier and most importantly.. less stressed. YaY!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.