With the heat wave we’ve been experiencing here, the protein smoothie I’ve been whipping up for breakfast lately is definitely hitting the spot. I know this has been all over every form of social media, but in case you live under a rock like me, or I mean, in case you are stubborn, listen up! If you add spinach to your smoothie, it will only turn it green. It will not taste all spinach-y. I swar! If you can taste the spinach, then you’re some freak of nature. Or you just have really super duper taste buds.
I haven’t experimented much beyond the recipe below because when I find a good thing, I stick with it until I’m sick of it. Sometimes that’s a week later and sometimes it’s a year. I swear, I went for over a YEAR with having oatmeal everyday for breakfast. I am not kidding you!
My Green Vanilla Sun Butter Smoothie
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
4-5 ice cubes
One scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder
1 Tbs of your favorite nut butter (I’ve been using Sun Butter)
And a big handful of spinach leaves – JUST ADD IT!
Blend that all up and you have roughly a 287 calorie breakfast that should keep you full for 3-4 hours.
I just pour that baby in a shaker cup and tootle on down the road to work in the morning. Much easier than the bowl of oatmeal I typically consume while driving to work.
You must have your eyes crossed. The photo isn’t blurry. It’s yur eyes. Fo real.
Have you added any other dark leafies to a smoothie? I’m curious about adding kale.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.