Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Paloooooza of all things that are Weddings/Thanksgiving and Fro-yo!

Paraphrasing to me is like the unedited version of “War and Peace.” But the good thing about me is that I never give up. So let’s try this puppy!

The Sunday before Thanksgiving (too lazy to see what the date was) we had our Thanksgiving dinner. Just our family…all seven of us. And then my parent’s and bro came over for dessert. I was pleasantly surprised that we pulled off the dinner so well and no one got strangled or murdered.

Then there was this whole blur of a week in which the hubs left with a few of the kids and then I joined him with the rest of the kids for a little shindig that we will call, “A small, quiet, uneventful wedding.” SQUW for short. And secretly I’m dying laughing inside at my private joke. It was Shamu’s sister’s wedding. Younger and the only sister. ANYTHING with his side is never small, never quiet, and never uneventful. So combine the younger and only sister part with his family and let your imagination go. The end.

I kid. That’s not the end. But remember…I’m trying to keep this short.

So we drove 5 hours on T-Day to the land that some people like to call California. We ate at Del Taco. Gross! Got a tattoo. Cool!
 

Not impressed with The Taco that is Del, but was thankful that they were open and that I was able to get back to the hotel without getting lost.

 


Here's the mehndi aka henna before. Interesting little note: I slept with my bangles on so it wouldn't scrape the henna off. In the morning, it looked like I had slept with a bunch of rats that had pooped the bed.


 

In the morning after I had picked and scraped off the henna. That's my one daughter's hand. (I don't have two left hands. And that's my hubs in the background. Not wearing pajamas. That's actually part of what he wore to the wedding.)


SQUW Black Friday….wedding. Lots of waiting around. Lots of not understanding what was going on because everyone speaks Punjabi but me. Lots of just observing and staying out of the way…which is easy because we weren’t important, we don’t speak Punjabi, and everyone else was caught up in what they were doing so we got forgotten about. Occasionally I would hear a, “Where’s Amee.” Uh…you’ll find that flower…over on a wall. Hiding somewhere. Wall flower…get it?!

 

Here I am though standing next to my sister in law. She's rather gorgeous, right?


SQUW Saturday…the reception. This day was totally more fun because alcohol was involved!
 

I just adore this fool.

 

My oldest daughter and I. She is wearing her first sari. She has only worn suits and lenghas before.


SQUW Sunday…drove home. Uneventful...exhausted.

I only squeezed in one run on Saturday. However I DID squeeze in two trips to two different fro-yo shops!
 

Running with mehndhi at Maidu Park in Roseville, CA.


 


Guess which one was mine? Hint: the one that is smothered with Almond Roca pieces! Yotopia was our fave fave but the Big Spoon that we had the night before was good...just not fave. Neither place beats Yogurtland but put's Klamath's Frosty Spoon to a pitiful shame.


And then from Monday to today…it’s been a blur of life, trying to recover from exhaustion, and trying not to murder anyone cuz it’s shark week. I have progressed from having the urge to punch people to just, hey let’s just get it over and call it homicide.

Oh yeah, and there was a little addiction I got invited to called Pinterest.

THE END! Woot to the keep-one-eye-open- or- you- might- wake- up-dead hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the first time reading this blog of yours- I learned a lot, even though remembering any of the names--- is not going to happen. You look pretty gorgeous yourself next to your SIL!
    LOL at hubby in "pyjamas"! I'm still not quite convinced.

    One run is better than none- always!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.