Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Attacked by a bird of prey…not my idea of fun.

I don't know what it is about me and blogging. I start writing, have to put it on hold and then never seem to get it posted that same day. Wait, that sounds like my life. Yup, I am a procrastinator if ever there was one. I'm trying to work on that, but I'll get back to that later. HA! So for funsies…I will just alter what I wrote instead of trying to make it sound like it just happened. (That SO didn't make sense. I'll just do it and you see if you can keep up. See?! It will be FUNNNN!!!)

I was so proud of myself yesterday Saturday for sleeping in until 7:30am. I almost managed to do that again today Sunday. I have this horrible habit of waking up in the middle of the night and checking the clock to see how much more time I have to sleep. Saturday morning is the day I do my long runs and 8 miles was on the books. It was looking pretty frozen outside so I was vomiting in my head at the thought of running 8 miles on the treadmill. BUT, when you are such a great procrastinator (HEY LOOK I FORSHADOWED myself without knowing it!!) like me and you go to JoAnn Fabrics to use your 60% off coupon AND pick up fixins for the kids to make their own breakfast…the temperature has a way of creeping up from a frigid 22 degrees to a rather toasty 28. Woot! That kind of bikini weather meant that I was running outside!



How fun does that not look?!

I finally set out to run at 11am. I was pretty pleased with how I had layered my clothing. It's my ongoing science project to learn what works best for me and at what temperatures. My hardest mile to run was 3-4 with the wind in my face and mile 7 (11:00:08 pace) which was uphill. Between miles 3-4 I was arguing with myself about calling my hubs to have him come pick me up. At mile 5 my iPod ran out of juice, CRAP! And that is when I saw the biggest hawk? I think it was a hawk…staring down at me from his perch on top of the telephone pole. That's when I told myself, "Don't make eye contact and try to not look like a mouse while you're running."




Pleased with my eight miles, I got giddy remembering that I had chocolate milk to refuel with at home. I contemplated the podcast I had managed to listen to about race recovery and I wondered if you ran in freezing weather, if that constitutes as an active ice bath. What do you think? I was a pop-sicle by the time I got home so I threw myself into the shower as soon as I walked in the door. Well as soon as I poured myself a glass of chocolate milk, that is.

This is where I wandered away from my computer and then never got the rest of the blog finished or posted. Saturday really was a great day…relaxing but busy. I got the house cleaned, laundry done, all my Scentsy pots refilled with fresh Autumn scents, AND I started working on a craft project that I'm SOOO excited to share with you when it's done, but you can't tell my mom since she's getting it for her birthday…or Christmas.

Lastly, Shampoo and I had a date night at home. Plus a small miracle…all of the kids were gone. Nearly all. Just one remained, holed up in her room with a movie. She wanted the alone time so don't feel too sorry for her. Her had a busy week. (That's how I talk to babies, animals, and people acting like babies, so no, I didn't type that incorrectly.) OK, so date night! I made Creamy White Chicken Chili and a crumb cake. All domesticated and flashy like a nightclub. Then we snuggled down for a marathon of Grey's Anatomy and other shows that I only make it through the first 10 minutes of before I fall asleep. Such party animals!



Creamy White Chicken Chili



This chili is amazing! I love it sooo so much! (I found the recipe over on Eat, Live, Runand stole her picture too. Go check out her blog though!) I haven't tried it with a reduced fat sour cream. Oooh or could you substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream? I'm scared to try as I would hate to ruin a batch of this deliciousness.


 

Anyone else obsessively check the clock when they should be sleeping?

Although I wouldn't want to be attacked by either, I would much rather engage in punching shenanigans with a hawk versus a grizzly bear. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.