Yep, I went AWOL again. It’s getting to be a little like a broken record around here. I haven’t given up yet so kuddos to me. It’s like that favorite saying of mine, “If you’re not failing, then you’re not trying hard enough.” Fascinating tidbit…I just googled the beginning of that quote as I always thought it was something Jillian Michael’s said…and she did say it or I dreamt it…but it looks like it was something Woody Allen should really be credited with. Must be why he keeps making one strange movie after another? Woody Allen Movies= Not my cup of tea.
Speaking of movies, the last movie I watched in the theaters was Monster’s University. I had my two lovely teen daughters as my dates. Cute movie, but we were a little annoyed with all of the young kids in the theater. I mean, it’s a monster movie right? Winky-Wink
Running? Yeah, I’m still doing it. I went through a rough patch. Meaning, I have skipped two long runs due to traveling and lack of motivation. Also, my midweek miles have been suffering to a small extent. With that said, I was pretty nervous about my long run yesterday. I was careful and took quite a few walk breaks and I SURVIVED! Yup! 14 miles! My last long run was only 6 miles long (which I had cut short as it was supposed to be 12), the longest I had run in this training season was 10 miles. I am stupid so don’t do as I do. However, I will say….no injuries, and my legs feel normal today. I’m not going to pull that crap again and slack though because you just can’t keep that up and expect to run a decent marathon in October.
In other news, check out my new shoes! I think I must be the only lamo in the running world that doesn’t run in Brooks or Mizunos. I can’t be the only one wearing Asics can I? What can I say? I did what you’re supposed to do and took my size 10s down to the running store and had a “professional” observe my nice smile or my gait when I first started running five years ago. Lucky me even gets to run in a size up! I feel so dainty purchasing a pair of size 11 running shoes. Dainty, I will never be and at 5’10'” tall, staring down 40, I can only hope that I start shrinking. Maybe I’ll be a dainty 5’9” when my AARP subscription lands in my mailbox that fateful day?
Oh so the shoes! Yay to Asics for finally keeping up with the cool kids and giving us non pronating, neutral runners that like a platform of 3 inches of cushion some color!! In all my excitement to show you my very average sized feet for my height shoes, I almost forgot to tell you that they are Asics Gel Nimbus 15…purchased by my sugar daddy of a husband because he was softening me up to tell me he wouldn’t be running the marathon with me this year he loves me.
What size running shoe do you wear?
Anyone else run in Asics??
I got fitted for Brooks when I started running because they were the most comfortable of all the ones they brought out to me to try. I just started running in Mizunos and pink sparkly heart them! I run in a 9 1/2, which is only half a size up from my regular, but it works for me. Your Asics are pretty!
ReplyDeleteThey are pretty! Thanks Nicole! See, you are one of the cool kids getting to wear the Brooks. haha! Are they the Mizunos Wave Riders? I'll be super jealous.
ReplyDelete