Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

The adventures of Butt Bunny

Once upon a time, at a website far, far away, I made some friends on the internet. My family pretends that they are imaginary while I repeatedly weave their names into my conversations. My family is all very aware that I will be finally meeting this crew a year from now in VEGASSSSSS of all places. I should back track to how we met. Maybe? You probably don’t really care so I won’t be hurt if you stop reading now.

Bunz…this is for you! Our little group formed back in the early spring of 2008 at a little place called Sparkpeople. It’s like the Facebook of fitness and weight-loss. We’re an odd assortment of women-young to old…guess who’s not too happy about being the oldest? Guess who’d certainly not the mature one of the bunch?

I can’t let you in on our our sordid little secrets, but we do lovingly refer to each other as bunnies. And eww, not the skanky playmate ones either. Seriously. We have class. Class=dressing up like bunnies for our marathon adventure at the Really Big Free Marathon in Vegas, November 2012.

Along came our traveling bunny…Derry Hare. Our bunny version of Flat Stanley, you could say. I received him about a week ago for my new marathon PR. He and I are tight. We went running yesterday.

The adventures of Derry Hare and the oldest, most immature, yet classy bunny not playmate:

 

I let him drive.

 

My scary now makeup face, so divert your eyes to the cute bunny and/or my newest head band I made.

 

All geeked out and ready to go.

 

He took one look at the trail and decided since he didn't have his Yaktrak's that we would run the roads since they were mostly clear.

(So I didn't really take him on the run with me. There were too many other things that I had to deal with. Like my ipod. It wasn't working. Something was wrong with my headphones...or maybe it was the podcast? I could hear people speaking but it was super muffled. I unzipped my fleece to check out the pod, and realized I didn't have the headphones in my ears. Right there is when I should have turned around and gone back to bed...at 12pm in the afternoon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.