Day 8
Day 8 proved to me a little trickier than I would have liked. I goofed up a bit on my food for the day and I blame it completely on sharks. I seriously had chocolate calling my name and I gave in…not too horribly, but I caved. I’ve had worse days where I would cuddle up to a small, Reeses PB cup blizzard and thankfully this wasn’t one of those days. Progress? You wanna know what I’m trying to give myself a hard time about? 2/3 of a Russell Stover’s milk chocolate candy bar and two squares of Hershey Bliss chocolate. Not the end of the world. The rest of the day was spot on though!
Day 9
Day 9 landed on a Saturday. I dragged my butt out of bed to get in my last day of Week 4 on the Couch to 5k program I’m going through again. By the time my workout was finished, I barely had enough time to race around and get myself packed up to be at a volleyball tourney the whole day. I managed to race out the door without my phone, so I dropped the 13teen off to get warmed up and raced home. Such a fun age! I was on a high just from her excitement! On my way out the door, I got a phone call with a plee for Dutch Bros blended raspberry green tea. How can you say no? What I did say no to for myself was a vanilla chai tea. I tried telling myself I deserved it and that it wouldn’t hurt (And it probably wouldn’t have) but I wanted to save any spare calories for a sweet treat I had up my sleeve. (Not literally though, wink wink.))
The tournament was exciting and stressful due to my competitive streak. Yes, the kids need to have fun and that is the ultimate goal. Right? Still fun to win! And win they did, until they had to go up against the A team in their Club. My 13teen was skilled enough to be on the A team (not just mother pride talking) but God had something else in plan for her. Now she gets to play every single second on the B team and she is so consistent, so talented, and just amazing. She is loving all the play time she gets and boy did she give that A team a run for their money! They almost beat them in the second game. All the B team parents were on the edge of their seat. All of those young ladies played their hearts out…such fun!
Oh I mentioned the VBall tourney mainly to explain why a couple of handfuls of mini pretzels found their way into my mouth. Not all at once…can you imagine?! Stress eating. In recovery here!
The rest of the day was very productive…again, totally due to running in the morning, eating healthy and on a schedule (packed my snacks and salad) and taking my Advocare…especially the Spark! I got home, cleaned the house, helped the hubs with paperwork, changed all the Scentsy pot smellies, helped my 15teen get ready for her winter formal, played taxi cab driver for a total of four teens, AND made that sweet treat that was up my sleeve. I finally collapsed into bed with a sickie poo husband at 9pm. I think he was as shocked as I was when he realized I was still awake at 10pm.
And now, I leave you with a few fun pictures. I said fun, not necessarily GOOD pictures. lol!
I wanted you to see how tall she was compared to my 5’10”……She has ginormous electric blue platform heels on, by the way.![]()
![]()
PS The lighting in our home stinks…and all our wall colors, while warm and homey, were not our choice of color. It’s impossible to find a neutral background with any amount of lighting. FYI. Because I’m sure you were wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.