Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

My treat looks like a fly/alien

I’ve been rather quite on here the last couple of days.  I’m just plugging along with the week and looking forward to getting out of town this weekend with my valentine for our annual get-away to Bend, OR.  It’s close….it’s away from home, and best of all, they have a Trader Joes!!!!!

Strength Training

Workouts are going well but man are they tough!  This new phase of Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution…holy otter pops!  Lot’s of plyometrics and single leg squats with weights everywhere.  I have muscles hurting that have never hurt before.

Running

I’m running anywhere from 3-4 times a week right now.  My mileage is pretty low as I’m working through the Couch to 5k program.  I’ve mentioned that a couple of times right?  Especially if you follow me on Daily Mile or My Fitness Pal.  Yeah, so I’m in Week 5 and this is the week that the workouts vary each day.  This morning, after I tried killing myself with Jill’s workout, I did my longest intervals that I’ve done on the treadmill in a long time…8 minutes x 2!  My fit radio channel I listen to while I run is just not cutting it on intervals longer that 5 minutes.  SO, I watched The Mindy Project on my phone.  I’m not brave enough to use my ipad on my treadmill.  As many times as I yank my phone off the ledge and in drops on the running treadmill…???? 

Does anyone use one of those suction cup holder thingies for their ipad/phone while on the treadmill?

Eating

I decided it was time to buckle down on the eating plan and by buckle down, I mean, get precise.  After my recent loss of 7 pounds, I want to see the scale keep going down.  I knew I was eating healthy, but after the super bowl on Sunday, I starting doing more guessing than being accurate.  I don’t want to get into the habit of guessing and so using My Fitness Pal, I’m back at it making sure that I’m eating enough and not eating too much.  Right now, I’m shooting for my BMR of 1575. That should put me in the safe range to lose weight while still eating enough to support my workouts.  Right?  Input?

2013-02-05 20.09.17

I leave you with….a healthy energy ball that, the more you stare at it, the more it will creep you out. At first it was just the eyes, then the little mouth….remind me to chops the dark chocolate chips up next time!

Recipe?  Not mine…go here: No-bake Energy Bites by gimme some oven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.