It’s a new month and since we’re still in the first quarter, I can pretend that the year is still new and that it’s no big deal that I haven’t been making great progress on my New Year’s resolutions, right? To be honest, I don’t even remember what those resolutions were. (Oh well lookie here! Someone blogged about them.) It’s good to revisit your goals though, right? To make sure you are on track and all that jazz.
So do you make monthly goals? Weekly goals? Are they smart goals?
Since my dentist appointment last week, I’ve made it a goal to floss everyday. I believe I’ve only missed one day? That’s some progress!
“In a nutshell, my resolutions/goals for 2013 are:
- Floss daily
- Take my vitamins daily
- Lose 30 pounds
- Run my 4th marathon
- Turn 40 and be in awesome shape (Which that relates to lose 30 pounds.)”
Looks like I made them super easy and I think it’s funny that flossing daily is the first thing I keep coming back to. I’m not on the verge of gingivitis people, but it is serious stuff, so floss you people! When is the last time you did?
I am taking my vitamins daily as I’m using my supplements from Advocare. So that’s good. No more stressing out when I read an article about “Make sure you are taking your xyz’s or you will probably die.”
Haven’t lost 30 pounds either….yet. Though, I could be a LOT closer to that if I had remained in gear.
The marathon isn’t until October…still got time. And I don’t turn 40 until November….so still time. But not so much if I keep resting on my laurels.
Do you know what laurels are? And why people “rest” on them? I didn’t. You are welcome!
The expression "resting on one's laurels" refers to someone relying entirely on long-past successes for continued fame or recognition, where to "look to one's laurels" means to be careful of losing rank to competition.[2]
Lastly…I liked this. I tried to find the original, and then I ran out of time. Muriel.blanc?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.