I have to admit…I was a little scared of the weekend and how I was going to manage with my Advocare challenge and all that I had going on.
DAY 2
Day 2 was Saturday, and I popped out of bed at 5am to get a run in before my 13teen had to go to her volleyball tournament. If you know tournaments, they are usually all day events. So I packed my bags with my healthy foods and snacks. I was tempted a couple of times to dip into the big bag of pretzels, but I realized I was doing it out of habit and nerves. Those girls have some real skill and the matches get so competitive!
The day was super productive and I never once had a lag in my energy like I usually get on a weekend. Keeping my blood sugar stabilized was a good part of that, I’m sure. The hubs and I had a date night and we went out to dinner. Our options here in this smaller town are kind of limited, but I ordered to the best of my ability. Our waitress was super cool in letting me be picky about my order. I ordered a grilled chicken breast with just the veggies and no oil, butter, or salt. It really was delicious! Oh and I did eat one small steak fry with ranch off of my hubs’ plate. I didn’t feel deprived at all!
DAY 3
Day 3….was a little different…Sunday. We went to bed rather late on Saturday and I didn’t even sleep all the way to 7am. I was looking forward to sleeping in too! So, I was dragging. We went to Church and afterwards, made our usual stop at Freddies which includes a trip to Peets. This time, I just got a peppermint tea, no milk or sugar. I had some issues with energy that day so the Advocare does not make up for a lack of sleep. Still….it was a better Sunday than I’ve had compared to other ones where you feel like you need a nap or you’re going to die! Oh and I made some delicious fish for myself for dinner. It was so yummy that my 15teen said, “That smells sooo good!” (And she wasn’t being sarcastic!) My hubs took a bite and said he would eat it too!
PS I can’t wait to share with you what is happening on the scale!
Now for some really awesome pictures taken by a really awesome photographer!! Oooh so impressive!
Horrible lighting when I’m trying to show my 13teen that I’m wearing the new neon yellow/greenish sweater she helped me pick out. I suck at this game! My date night outfit…I was wearing pants. Promise.
That’s Izzy. Inside a bag, in the middle of a Christmas wreath. I still have decorations waiting to get put away. And a pot that needs a plant, by the looks of it. Yeah, I killed what was inside. My 15teen and I were playing Just Dance 4 on the Wii and well, Izzy was not impressed.
Thanks for viewing my pictures. I know that’s why you read my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.