Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Days 4 & 5/24 Advocare Challenge

 

Day 4

Monday was awesome!  I easily got up in the morning, had my Spark and my Catalyst and went down to our basement(ish) level to get my workout on.  I started with Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution workout….Workout #3, Week Four.  Thirty minutes later (I LOVE this length) I was done with my strength training/HIIT workout and move on to a thirty minute interval run on the treadmill.  I burned a little over 600 calories!  Great way to start my day!

20130117_061134

Izzy really wanted to show you the DVD I was using for the workout.  You’ll just have to pretend that it was workout #3 and not what it says.  What can I say?!  Most mornings, she is like this while I work out…

2013-01-16 06.12.22

If I could work out in the dark, she would be happy.  Actually, if I could hand feed her while she slept, she would think she was in heaven.  This cat’s nick name is "Fat Cat” or “Chunky”.  She’s very active too…just very massive.  In the background you can see my treadmill and how it’s sandwiched in between the couch and the fireplace.  The fireplace better NEVER be going when I’m on that treadmill.  Oye I would die.  As it is, I have a huge fan aimed at my back and another small one at my face.

Moving on to more awesomeness, I progressed through the work day and getting home, staying on track.  Oh wait…my hubs surprised me with a lunch date request!One thing I want this Challenge to do for me is to set me up for success for the rest of my life.  You know, “A lifestyle not a diet” way of eating.  So because he’s my hubby and I love him, and because his schedule only allows for him to do this maybe twice every year, I gladly accepted his invite.  We went to a favorite restaurant of ours, “Thai Orchid”, because it was in walking distance and it wasn’t Subway.  We ordered #31 which is chicken with peppers and onions and a sweet chili paste.  I asked them to add broccoli and I helped myself to a half of a cup of brown rice.  Oh, and yeah, I did have two bites of the hubs’ spring roll.  I’m glad I allowed those two bites, and the lunch date even, for that matter.  It reinforced that I can eat healthy, still go out to eat, and indulge a little, but stay on track.  Also, the two bites I had weren’t that amazing and I was confident I wasn’t missing out.

I stayed up until 9:30 which is unheard of for me! 

Day 5

I didn’t pop right out of bed, but I certainly didn’t stay there and skip my workout.  Actually, I was awake at 4:18am and I couldn’t get back to sleep.  What’s up with that?!  Tuesday was Workout #4, Week Four of my JMBR and I was going to do another interval run afterwards.  I got Jillian’s workout completed but talked myself out of the run.  I just didn’t have the energy (or so I told myself) and my legs felt pretty tight. (I should foam roll or use the stick.)  The way my workout schedule is set up, I’ll easily be able to complete my running workouts for the week.

I noticed that I was extra hungry for lunch and dinner than I have been the last four days.  I think it’s a combination of a lack of sleep and my more intense workout.  I got to bed pretty early….which would come in handy for the 3:30am couldn’t go back to sleep episode.

2013-01-29 12.15.18

Lunch was delicious, even though it looks like it’s topped with cat food and goop, aka pink salmon and hummus.  It’s awesome, don’t knock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.