Or, as I like to call it, “The Day I Survived Without Coffee.”
I started on a Friday, the day after my order arrived. I know, crazy girl you’re thinking! I thought I was crazy too because I always start things on a Monday. Or at the beginning of a month. Or the year. Never, and I repeat NEVER on a Friday! The lure of increased energy propelled me forward.
I was worried I might get hungry and the food I ate wouldn’t hold me over. I was wrong. I only got hungry right before lunch and then right before dinner. Not the kind of hunger that usually makes me go crazy and reach for a cupcake though.
Because I started so quickly, and because the hubs and I have been sharing one vehicle for the last two weeks, I wasn’t too prepared and prepped so I hit up Subway for a salad for lunch. I added my own tuna on top. I’m going to try not to have to do that again. It wasn’t bad and it wasn’t great.
I was worried about the afternoon and that I might get cranky and feel tired and again, the need to reach for a cupcake….or another unhealthy snack that abounds in the workplace. I was wrong on that too.
In the evening, right before bed, I wanted something sweet. I’m pretty sure it’s out of habit though I recall feeling maybe a little hungry? So I made myself a bowl of berries with a half a cup of almond milk. It hit the spot!
Day 1 was a success!
are you giving up coffee FOREVER or just for the initial start up. hopefully it isn't forever cause then we just could not be friends. :(
ReplyDeleteOh nooooooo! I could never give up my coffee forever. We can still be friends! I think it's just for the first 10 days. But I really am liking the Spark drink and don't think I'd combine the two.
Delete