Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Days 6 & 7/24 Advocare Challenge

Day 6

Day 6 was sure an opportunity for me to grow.  I had not gotten enough sleep the evening before and was determined to fix that.  It didn’t happen. Sad smile I woke up at 3:37am and I’m pretty sure I didn’t go back to sleep when my alarm went off at 4:55am.  I hit snooze a couple of times and read some emails on my phone and got out of bed around 5:20.  Plenty of time to still get my run in!  I drank my spark and took my catalyst, but the thought of running put dread inside my tiny little brain.  I struggled with some emotions the rest of the morning while getting ready for work…mostly, I was convinced my day would be super duper bad and I would want to eat anything and everything that wasn’t healthy for me.  Then I put into practice a couple of teaching from church recently and from The Happiness Project….

choose joy

(picture source)

You need to choose joy.  Yep, I was tired and didn’t get the sleep I wanted, but I still had a choice.  If I chose being crabby, then for sure, my day would stink big britches.

To feel energetic, you need to act energetic.  I’m not saying that I’m going to work out later, but if I keep telling myself, I’m soooo tired, I didn’t sleep well, I’m going to want to eat cruddy foods…..then again, that’s what I would end up doing.

Instead, and while a lot of it is a lie, my brain doesn’t know that…I le[t telling myself I feel great.  I’m doing great.  I’m a healthy eater.  I’m taking it one step at a time.  Sure, I was still tired, but changing my attitude did wonders.  If, at the very least, it it saved me from buying a large bag of Stacy’s pita chips, then the day has been a success!  I had a meeting to go to that forced me to miss my morning snack, and that made me very shaky by lunch, but after refueling, dare I say, there was a pep in my step?

I did successfully make it through the evening though it was pretty hard towards the end to not turn into the biggest McGrumpy Pants in town.  Thankfully, my family was spared from most all of it as I made myself go to bed at 7pm.   By then, I was in tears, because…well that’s what I do…I cry when I’m tired.  I also took some Hyland’s Calm Forte in an effort to keep me asleep the whole night.  Didn’t work completely.  I woke up a couple of times, BUT I went immediately back to sleep.

Day 7

Finally after a decent amount of sleep, I was able to wake up and get my workouts in!!  And not dread the day ahead.  Thursday, I went to another branch to do some training, and this time, I remembered to pack my snack.  Great idea!  I’m really loving that my hunger levels are staying pretty even keel today.  Back to what I’m quickly learning is the norm for taking Advocare products and sleeping well.

Little things that made me happy on Thursday:

A new phone battery to replace my seriously stupid one that wouldn’t recharge the whole way.

A second milk frother to keep at work….to froth my Spark drinks.  These things are amazing for stirring these drinks!   I have a Bodum one at home (Actually, it’s my hubs, and don’t tell him I’ve adopted it.)  The one I got is by: Cuissential at Amazon.  It’s not as nice as the Bodum one, but so far, it’s doing the trick.

 

milk frother

2 comments:

  1. what do you use a milk frother for? well i know it is to froth milk but do you just drink it then? is it for coffee? you need to blog about your frothiness please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the frother to blend my spark drinks, but the hubs purchased it to actually add froth to his coffee drinks he adds milk to. I drink my coffee black so I'm considered a milk frother rebel. Just imagine a mini little blender....that you wouldn't want your hair to get tangled up in. Word.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.